Thursday 2 March 2017

Holy Grail | My Perfect Base



I feel like I have tried so many different foundations since I first started wearing foundation (starting with that weird Maybelline Mousse foundation that everyone seemed to use at school, but lets move on from that) I feel like I'm always trying out different foundations so in this post I have included the base products in which I always go back to so these are my holy grail base products!

Starting with primer, one of my holy grails which I actually forgot to photograph is the Benefit Porefessional Primer  I always end up going back to the Benefit primer, it is great for smoothing over the skin and of course filling in those pores! As well as the Porefessional I have also been loving the Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage this is more of a new holy grail for me but I have been going back to this over my Benefit primer so it must be good? I love the primer from Mac as it evens out the redness in my skin and also adds a glow to my skin as it has flecks of shimmer in the primer, it is also great for helping my foundation stay on and making my foundation apply smoothly.

Finding the perfect foundation has always been something I've found hard to find, but I feel like I've found two foundations now which I will always want to have in my collection. The Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, this foundation is very lightweight but offers a medium coverage but you can build it up to a fuller coverage which I really like. I like the way this foundation feels on my skin and the coverage it gives. Another foundation which I love is the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation      I sometimes get really dry skin and a lot of the time foundations tend to cling to the dry patches but the Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation does not do that which is great! This foundation is a medium coverage but can be built up to create a fuller coverage. It leaves a dewy finish which I have been liking over a matte finish at the moment. I find the foundation has a long wear out of it.

I have 2 concealers which I always go back to and they are the Mac Prolong Wear and Collection Lasting Perfection. I love the Mac Prolong Wear concealer as it is so full coverage and a little goes a long way with this concealer it is great for covering blemishes and dark circles although I find it creases under my eyes but I am yet to find a concealer which does do that! For a drugstore concealer the collection lasting perfection concealer has great coverage and I usually use it to coverage any blemishes and I also use it to go round my eyebrows to make them more defined.

To set everything in place my favourite powder of all time has got to be the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot powder. I have loved this powder for years and I can't even remember how many of these I have repurchased. It helps to set everything in place whilst also making the skin matte. I still use this when I want a dewy finish buy using a light hand and adding it in places where I am likely to get to much shine.

Woooah that turned out to be a really long post! You guys should let me know in the comments what your holy grail base products are as I'm always on the look out for new products to try! Hope you enjoyed this post and I am enjoying getting into blogging again! See you soon.


No comments :

Post a Comment