Wednesday 30 September 2015

I'm All About That Base | Foundation Routine




I thought I would share my foundation routine with you all today, as I have changed a few things. Starting off with my primer, I like to use a primer as it creates an even base for foundation. It also makes foundation last that little bit longer as well. My all time favourite primer is The Body Shop Insta Blur, this primer really does help to smooth out the skin before applying foundation. 

I have been using a new foundation lately which has also featured in my previous post, its the Loréal Paris Infallible 24H Matte Foundation. Lately my skin has been pretty oily so I was on the look out for a matte foundation and I came across this and thought I'd give it a try. I have it in the shade 11 / Vanilla and it's such a good match for my skin tone! The foundation gives a matte look to the skin but does that without looking like you have loads of foundation on. It isn't drying either which I usually find with matte foundations. The foundation also lasts a long time on the skin without being touched up, when touching up I only ever have to pop a bit of powder on around my T-zone. To apply my foundation I use the Real Techniques Buffing brush, I find that this buffs my foundation into my skin and gives a really smooth finish.

To conceal under my eyes I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair, this is a great affordable concealer which it pretty high coverage. When I want to conceal any other imperfections I tend to use the Mac Prolong Wear Concealer in the shade NW20. The Prolong Wear Concealer is one of my favourites as it is really high coverage and you only need a tiny amount. It is also really long wearing so it is great for long days and nights out! To blend in my concealer I usually use the Real Techniques Sponge, I spray it with a little bit of Fix+ from Mac and it helps blend my concealer in.

To set that all in place I use the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. This has been a powder that I always have in my collection and I have only just started using it again! I love this powder as it keeps my foundation set in place and is also matte! To apply my powder I just use a big fluffy brush and use a patting motion to apply my powder as sometimes when you buff the powder in it can move the foundation. 

Thanks for reading todays post I hope you enjoyed it! I will see you in my next post..


No comments :

Post a Comment