Saturday 18 July 2015

Recent Purchases | Maybelline New York





I noticed that Maybelline have had a few new releases lately and I've been dying to try everything so I picked up a few things on my latest trip to boots as they had an offer on Maybelline which was buy one get one half price.

The first two items I picked up were the Dream Pure 8-in-1 BB Cream and the Lash Sensational Mascara I'm not sure if these are new releases or not as I have had my eye on these for about a month.  I've been on the look out for a new BB Cream to try and the Dream Pure BB Cream is for oily skin which I have so I thought I'd give it a go. I got it in the shade Light as I am still pretty pale, I thought this BB cream would be great for summer as it also has an SPF in it.

After hearing people compare the Lash Sensational Mascara to Benefit's Roller Lash which I love I just had to try it. I got the waterproof formula as I am going on holiday soon and I thought the mascara would be great to take with me. I am really looking forward to trying both of these products.

The two new releases that I have been dying to try are The Nudes EyeShadow Palette and the Master Sculpt. I love a good neutral palette and I don't have any from the drugstore so I had to pick this up to give it a go. The shades are pigmented and have a really nice texture from what I can see from doing a swatch of them. In the palette you get 12 shades some are matte and some have a slight glitter to them but nothing over the top so this palette can be used to create a natural smokey eye or a smokey eye which is more suited for a dramatic look.

 I love the look of this palette as I will get wear out of all the shades. I am also really excited to try the Master Sculpt as I have been loving contouring and highlighting lately. The master sculpt is a powder contour and highlight I got the shade light which is a really good shade as it isn't too orange/brown as I normally find that with a lot of drugstore contour kits. The highlight is a light champagne colour which I love!

Hope you all enjoyed this post!  


No comments :

Post a Comment